Warm Salad of Mortadella, Frisee, Artichokes and Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 12 baby artichokes, outer leaves removed and stems trimmed, soaked in acidulated water
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 pound Mortadella, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 heads frisee or chicory, washed and spun dry
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 wedge Parmigiano-Reggiano, about 1/2 pound
In a 12 to 14-inch saute pan, heat olive oil until smoking. Add onion and garlic and saute until just softened, about 4 minutes. Add Mortadella and stir until lightly browned, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add frisee, thyme and balsamic vinegar and toss until just wilted, about 45 to 60 seconds. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and divide among 4 plates. Shave Parmesan cheese over each salad using a vegetable peeler and serve warm.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.