- 1/2 cup mint leaves, picked over
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, picked over
- 1 cup parsley, picked over
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 4 medium plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- 1 pound ziti pasta, preferably Italian
- 1 cup freshly grated Locatelli Pecorino
Bring 6 quarts water to boil and add 2 tablespoons salt.
In a blender, place mint, basil, parsley, garlic, capers, tomatoes, black pepper, red pepper and half the olive oil. Process in short bursts until roughly chopped. Turn blender on full and drizzle in remaining oil and process until smooth, about 1 minute. Remove pesto and place in a large serving bowl.
Cook pasta according to package instructions until just al dente and drain well. Toss drained pasta in the serving bowl and toss like a salad to coat. Sprinkle with grated Locatelli and serve.