- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 avocado, cut into 1/3-inch slices
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped into 1/2-inch thin shreds
- Blue Cheese Dressing, recipe follows
- 2 ears corn, shucked, cooked, and kernels cut off the cob (about 1 cup)
- 1 large tomato, seeded and finely diced
- 1/3 cup crumbled bacon (from about 4 pieces)
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Special equipment: 4 by 3-inch ring mold or tin can with top and bottom removed
Pour lemon juice over the avocado slices and set aside. Place chopped romaine in a large bowl and toss with enough blue cheese dressing to lightly coat, about 1/3 cup. Set aside remaining dressing for another use.
To assemble salads, place the ring mold on a chilled serving plate and fill with 1 cup of the romaine mixture, making sure that the lettuce fills the whole diameter of the bottom circumference. Carefully place 2 avocado slices on top of the lettuce on the right side of the mold, so that their curvature aligns with the mold. On the opposite side of the avocado, sprinkle corn on top of the lettuce so that it extends 1 1/2 inches from the left side of the mold. Next to the corn, sprinkle a 1/2-inch thick row of diced tomatoes. Next to the tomatoes and meeting the avocado, sprinkle a row of crumbled bacon. Garnish with a very thin row of blue cheese crumbles down the center. Carefully remove the mold by lifting straight up (some ingredients will shift). Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.