- 1½ cups mashed potatoes
- 1½ cups finely chopped roasted turkey
- ¾ cup roasted sweet potatoes, chopped
- 1¼ cups panko bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Cranberry sauce, for serving
1. In a large bowl, stir the potatoes, turkey, and sweet potatoes until well-mixed. Form into 1½-inch balls. Roll in the panko crumbs until well coated, pressing the crumbs to adhere.
2. Fill a medium saucepan with oil to a depth of 3 inches. Heat the oil until hot but not smoking (360°F). Carefully add about 5 balls; do not crowd the pan. Cook, turning once, until golden brown and heated through, about 3 minutes. Transfer the balls to paper towels. Repeat with the remaining balls, reheating the oil between batches.
3. Serve hot or warm with cranberry sauce.