- 1 pouch Betty Crocker® roasted garlic mashed potatoes (from 6.6-oz box)
- Water, butter and milk called for on potato box for 1 pouch
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese (2 oz)
Meat Loaf Mixture:
- 1 lb extra-lean (at least 90%) ground beef
- ¼ cup Progresso® Italian style bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Chopped fresh parsley, if desired
1.) Heat oven to 375°F. Place foil baking cup in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups.
2). In 2-quart saucepan, make 1 pouch potatoes as directed on box. Stir in cheese. Set aside.
3.) In large bowl, mix meat loaf mixture ingredients. Press about 3 tablespoons meat mixture in each muffin cup.
4.) In small bowl, mix all sauce ingredients except parsley. Spread about 2 teaspoons sauce over meat loaf mixture in each muffin cup. Place potato mixture in decorating bag fitted with #847 or desired tip. Pipe potatoes on cupcakes.
5.) Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center of cupcake reads 160°F. Sprinkle with parsley; serve immediately.
* Skip the homemade sauce and just use, ketchup or barbecue sauce.
* Skip the potato piping. Just spoon the potatoes over the sauce.
* Make sure to use extra-lean ground beef so there is less fat in foil baking cups after baking.