- Marinara Sauce:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 to 4 cloves garlic
- 1 (28-ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (28-ounce) crushed tomatoes, plus 1 (10-ounce) can
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Crushed red pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Handfull fresh basil, torn
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 pound andouille sausage
- 1 package pepperoni (about 50 slices)
- 1 pound uncooked lasagna noodles ("no-cook")
- Provolone cheese (about 16 slices)
- 1 pint ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Pour olive oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. Dice the onion and saute until softened. Add the garlic and saute about 2 minutes. Add both cans of tomatoes and simmer for about 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in oregano, thyme, red pepper, salt and pepper to taste. After heated through, reduce heat, and stir in fresh basil. Reserve sauce.
In a large skillet brown Italian sausage. Drain and set aside. Cut the andouille sausage into bite size pieces and heat through and brown in the same skillet. Remove from the pan and mix with the Italian sausage.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Take about 1 cup of the marinara sauce and cover the bottom of a 9 by 13-inch lasagna pan.
Arrange uncooked lasagna noodles to cover the bottom of the pan. On top of the noodles place about 8 slices of the provolone cheese in 1 layer. Spread 1/2 of the ricotta cheese on top of the provolone. Spread 1/2 of the sausage mixture on top of the cheese. Spread out 1/2 of the slices of pepperonni on top of the sausage. Then spread 1/2 of the sauce on top. Repeat layers: noodles, provolone, ricotta, sausage, pepperoni, sauce.
Then finish off the top with the shredded mozzerella cheese. Cover pan with foil and bake about 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes until golden brown and bubbly. Let stand for 15 minutes then serve.