- 1 pound ground veal, pork and beef combination (sometimes called "meatloaf mix")
- 2 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs, or as needed
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Locatelli cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and red pepper flakes
- Club soda, as needed
In a bowl mix together (until just combined) the meat, eggs, bread crumbs, cheese, and parsley. Season with salt and red pepper flakes. Add enough club soda to make a firm but light textured meatball. Form mixture into meatballs about the size of an ice cream scoop. Chill, covered, until ready to add to sauce.