Mediterranean Salad of Piquillo Peppers, Capers and Basil
- 1 (13-ounce) can of Piquillos, drained and cut into rings
- 1 very small red onion, peeled and cut into rings
- 1 2 ounce can flat anchovy fillets, soaked in cold water 10 minutes, patted dry and cut into thin strips
- 1 garlic clove, mashed with a mortar and pestle
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 20 -25 fresh basil leaves, julienned
Toss all ingredients together and let marinate at least 30 minutes.
Flag as inappropriate
Thank you! your flag was submitted.