Mediterranean Skillet Supper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup cracked wheat
- 1 and 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 6 sundried tomatoes, packed in olive oil, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pesto, homemade or store bought
- Salt and pepper
- 16 ounce can chick peas, drained
- Plain yogurt or sour cream, optional
Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the cracked wheat and saute until toasty brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the broth, cover and cook until the wheat is tender, about 20 minutes. If the wheat is tender but has not absorbed all of the water, remove the cover and cook for another few minutes, stirring occasionally until the excess moisture has evaporated. Add the sundried tomatoes and pesto; season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the chick peas, cover and cook for about 5 minutes or until the chick peas are heated through. Adjust seasoning. Serve with sour cream or plain yogurt as a topping.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.