- 1 strip bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 1 chicken liver, roughly chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cooked and shredded chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 3 tablespoons chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons marsala wine
- 32 wonton skins
- 1/2 cup marsala wine
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 green onion, sliced in half lengthwise and chopped finely, for garnish
For the chicken ravioli: In a medium saute pan, cook the bacon until firm but not crisp, about 5 minutes. Add the onions and 1 tablespoon butter, and cook over medium heat until the onions are tender. Add the red wine and chicken liver and cook over medium-low heat until cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
Place 1 teaspoon of the filling into each wonton skin, and seal by brushing a little water along the wonton edges and folding diagonally (into a triangle) and gently pinching the wonton skin closed. Work quickly and keep the wontons covered with a damp paper towel to keep from drying out. Place in the freezer until ready to cook so the raviolis will firm up.
For the marsala reduction: Heat the marsala, red wine and brown sugar over medium-high heat and let the sauce reduce until it becomes syrupy.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a gentle boil. Use a large slotted spoon to place the ravioli into the water and cook 4 to 5 minutes. Work in batches.
In a small saute pan, melt the butter and whisk in 3 tablespoons starchy pasta water to blend together. Place the ravioli on the plate and cover with 2 tablespoons of the melted butter sauce, a drizzle of the marsala reduction and sprinkle of Parmesan and green onion