Claypot Fish and Potatoes
- 3 Yukon potatoes, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus extra for greasing dish and brushing on lemons
- 3/4 pound white fish fillets, such as cod, flounder or tilapia
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 3 Roma tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 1/2 cup good quality black olives, pitted and lightly crushed and sliced in half
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Special Equipment: 15 1/2-by-7 1/2-inch terracotta cazuela ( baking dish)
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Boil the potato slices in salted water until they are not quite completely cooked, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside. Grease a claypot or baking dish with the olive oil and place the fish in the dish.
Pour the vinaigrette and vegetables over the fish. Bake in oven until fish is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, brush the exposed lemon quarters with a little olive oil, and in a small grill pan, grill the quartered lemon sections just to give a hint of charred color. Serve the fish with grilled lemon wedges.
Recipe courtesy Melissa d'Arabian
My English Friend Maggie's Favorite Simple Supper: Poached Salmon with Dijon Dill Sauce, Cucumber and Dark Bread, New Potatoes with Mint
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray