- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
- 3/4 pound carrots, cut on the bias into coins
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a small skillet, combine the broth, water, butter, brown sugar, cumin, and 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add the carrots, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until just tender, about 4 to 5 minutes.
Uncover the pan and let the liquid cook down until it reduces to a glaze, about 2 to 3 minutes. Toss the carrots to generously coat them with the glaze. Stir in the lemon juice and parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.