- 8 (5-inch) flour tortillas
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup prepared chunky cilantro salsa, divided
- 3/4 cup cooked black beans
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Special Equipment: 12-cup muffin tin
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Cut off the outer edge of each tortilla and remove so that the tortillas fit snugly into the muffin tin cups. Brush both sides of the tortillas lightly with the melted butter and sprinkle with salt. Press the tortillas into the muffin tin, creating little tortilla cups.
In a small bowl, mix half the salsa with the black beans and season with salt and pepper. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of the black bean mixture into each tortilla cup. Crack an egg into each of the eight cups. Bake until barely set, about 8 minutes. Top with cheese, cover with aluminum foil, and then bake for 6 to 7 minutes more. To serve, spoon the sour cream and remaining salsa on top of the eggs.
Recipes courtesy Melissa d'Arabian
Recipe courtesy of Orchid Paulmeier