Italian Marinated Chicken with Red Potatoes
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chile flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 1/2 pounds chicken thighs and drumsticks
- 6 small red potatoes, quartered (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 3 carrots, peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
To make the marinade, mix the lemon juice, oil, vinegar, chile flakes, oregano, garlic and sprinkle with salt and pepper in a small bowl. In a plastic bag or airtight container, add the chicken pieces, potatoes, carrots and onions. Add the marinade to bag, toss well to coat evenly, and refrigerate 1 to 10 hours.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Place the potatoes, carrots and onions in a single layer in a large glass baking dish. Transfer the chicken and place on top of the vegetables. Drizzle all the marinade from the bag over the chicken. Roast the chicken until it's cooked through, or an instant-read thermometer registers 165 degrees F, about 40 minutes. Cover the chicken and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Melissa d'Arabian