Orange-Scented Carrot Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream, divided
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the carrots and the onion and sweat until the mixture starts to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, orange zest and oregano and cook until fragrant, another 1 to 2 minutes. Raise the heat and deglaze the pan with white wine. Add the stock and water. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook until the carrots are tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Cool the mixture for about 5 minutes before processing.
Recipes courtesy Melissa d'Arabian