Sauteed Bananas with Tangy Sweet Cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 bananas, peeled and sliced in 1/2 crosswise and then lengthwise
- 1 orange, juiced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Dash salt
- Tangy-Sweet Cream, recipe follows
- Tangy-Sweet Cream
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
In a large saute pan, add the butter and melt it over medium-high heat. Add the bananas and saute until they begin to caramelize. Add the orange juice, sugar and salt and cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes. The bananas should be nicely browned, and the orange juice and sugar will have formed a glaze. (If needed, add a tablespoon of water.) Serve on a dessert plate with a tablespoon of Tangy-Sweet Cream.
In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients until creamy and smooth.
Yield: 4 tablespoons
Recipes courtesy Melissa d'Arabian