Sesame and Peanut Noodles
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 12 ounces linguine
- Peanut Dressing:
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 cup loosely-packed chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 head green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/3 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped skinless roasted peanuts, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the sesame seeds in a pie tin and toast in the oven until light golden in color, 4 to 6 minutes, and set aside. Meanwhile, cook the pasta until al dente. Do not overcook. Drain, reserving some of the starchy pasta water, rinse and set aside.
For the peanut dressing: Place the peanut butter in a large measuring cup and microwave to soften, 15 seconds. Whisk in with the soy sauce, vinegar, canola oil, ginger, honey, Sriracha, sesame oil and lime zest and juice in a small bowl. Thin with the starchy pasta water if needed, 1 tablespoon at a time. (Dressing should be thick, but pourable.)
For the salad: Place the pasta in a large mixing bowl and add the cilantro and vegetables and toss with the dressing. Top with the chopped peanuts and toasted sesame seeds and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.