Shrimp with Cilantro Pesto
- 1 lime
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted chopped pecans
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 pound raw medium-size shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Pesto: Grate 1 teaspoon zest from the lime and juice the entire lime for about 2 tablespoons of juice. Combine the zest and juice with the cilantro, green onions, chopped pecans, chopped garlic, sugar, vegetable oil, and extra-virgin olive oil in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse the mixture until well-combined, but still slightly chunky. Season the pesto with salt, and pepper, to taste.
Shrimp: In a bowl, toss the shrimp with 1 tablespoon of the pesto. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute the shrimp until just opaque and pink, about 3 minutes. Put a generous spoonful of pesto into a serving bowl. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Serve the remaining pesto on the side or freeze for another use.
Recipe courtesy of Melissa d'Arabian
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller