Tuna Bread Salad
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup cooked great Northern white beans
- 1 (5 to 6-ounce) can light tuna, packed in oil, drained
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 long baguette, cut into cubes (slightly stale works great)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh basil leaves (or oregano)
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
In medium serving bowl, add the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Let sit for 10 minutes before adding the beans, tuna, shallots and olives. Just before serving, mix in the bread cubes and combine gently.
In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, vinegar and salt and pepper, to taste. Drizzle in the oil, whisking to blend. Pour over the salad just before serving. Add the basil and toss. Taste for seasoning before serving.
Recipes courtesy Melissa d'Arabian