c.1996, M.S. Milliken & S. Feniger, all rights reserved
- 6 servings
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or pureed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 serrano chiles, stems removed and thinly sliced with seeds
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/2 cup slivered blanched almonds or pine nuts, toasted
- 6 cups assorted melon cubes, in 1/2inch cubes, each variety separated
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
Mix garlic, brown sugar, lime juice, chiles and lime zest in a medium bowl. Roughly chop almonds and add to garlic mixture.
To serve, arrange each variety of melon cubes in alternating rows on a platter or in individual bowls. Spoon dressing over melon and garnish with cilantro. Serve chilled.