- 3 pounds beef tripe
- 3 pounds hominy, frozen (not canned)
- 3 pounds pigs feet, quartered
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 bunch green onions, cut into 1/4-inch pieces, plus more chopped small for garnish
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 head of garlic
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 to 2 pequin chiles, minced, for garnish
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- 24 bolillos, toasted
Wash tripe thoroughly. Remove the excess fat from the tripe and cut it into bite-sized pieces. Rinse the hominy well in a colander under running water. Wash the pigs feet well also.
Combine all ingredients, except for garnishes, in a large pot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to low and simmer slowly until hominy opens and is cooked. Do not overcook. Skim the excess fat from the surface. It is best if you can refrigerate the Menudo in order to remove all of the grease.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.