- 1 cup clam juice
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 potato, sliced
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 pounds cod, cut into 4 pieces
- Flour, for dusting
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed and minced
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill, plus more, for garnish
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- 3 ounce string beans, snap peas or snow peas
- 5 sprigs chive, for garnish
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
Prepare the broth, mixing it in a bowl with the clam juice, onions, thinly sliced potato, saffron and the water.
In an 8-inch oven pan, set the codfish, lightly dusted with flour. Cover with the broth and cook for 10 minutes.
Remove it from the oven and reduce the sauce on the stovetop to the desired consistency.
In a separate bowl, mix the smashed garlic, the olive oil, parsley, dill, and red pepper. Use it to dress the fish before serving.
Blanch the string beans separately and compliment the dish as a topping. Garnish with chives and dill.