Mess of Pease and Things (Purple Potato, Sugar Snap Pea, and Mint Salad)
- 3 pounds small purple or other boiling potatoes
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 pounds sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves, sliced thin
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a large heavy saucepan cover potatoes with cold salted water by 1 inch and simmer until tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
Transfer potatoes with a slotted spoon to a colander to drain and cool 10 minutes. Return water in pan to a boil and blanch snap peas until crisp-tender, about 1 minute. In a colander, drain snap peas and refresh under cold water. Drain snap peas and pat dry with paper towels.
Cut potatoes lengthwise into quarters. In a bowl toss together potatoes, snap peas, vinegar, oil, mint, and salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe courtesy of Gourmet magazine