Mexican Chopped Salad with Toasted Cumin Vinaigrette
- Cooking spray
- 2 ears fresh or frozen cob corn, thawed
- 4 reserved cooked chicken breast halves, diced
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 cup Monterey Jack or pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Spanish olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapenos, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
Heat a stove-top grill pan or griddle with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat to preheat.
Place corn on hot pan and cook 3 to 5 minutes, until golden brown on all sides, turning frequently. Remove from heat and cool. When cool enough to handle, slice kernels from cob. Transfer kernels to a large bowl and add chicken, beans, cheese, olives, tomatoes, apple, jalapenos, and cilantro. Toss to combine.For the dressing:
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add cumin and cook 1 minute, or until fragrant. Remove from heat and whisk in vinegar. Add dressing to chicken mixture and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.