- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 large jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped (about ½ cup)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained or 3 small tomatoes, diced
- 1 carton (32 ounces) Swanson® Mexican Tortilla Flavor Infused Broth
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Tortilla chips or strips
1. Heat the oil in a 6-quart saucepot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and peppers and cook for 2 minutes or until tender-crisp, stirring occasionally.
2. Stir in the tomato paste, corn, beans, tomatoes, broth and chicken and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve topped with the crushed tortilla chips or strips.