- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon cabernet sauvignon
- Pound cake cubes, for dipping
- Strawberries, cleaned, for dipping
- Biscotti bits, for dipping
In a microwave-safe bowl, mix the sugar, heavy cream, chocolate, and butter together and microwave for 2 minutes.
Take out of microwave and give it a quick whisk. Add wine and whisk again. Transfer to a fondue pot with a flame underneath. Serve with pound cake cubes, strawberries, and biscotti bits on the side, for dipping.
Recipe courtesy of Michael Chiarello