- 4 cups water
- Sea salt, preferably gray salt
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound summer squash, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh lemon thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup white raisins
- 1 pound English cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup fresh arugula, chiffonade
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted in 350 degree F oven for 10 minutes
Bring 4 cups water and 1 teaspoon salt to a boil. Gradually add the couscous. Return to a boil and let cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, cover, and let stand for 3 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a saute pan, heat the olive oil. Add cubed squash. Season with salt and pepper. Saute, stirring often, for about 4 minutes, or until caramelized and crispy. Add the fresh lemon thyme and set aside.
For the dressing:
In a small saucepan, heat the honey and vinegar until just warm. Whisk in olive oil and season with salt and twist of pepper. Remove from the heat, and add the raisins.
Fluff the couscous with a fork.
Place the arugula in a serving bowl. Toss with the warm squash, couscous, cucumber and 2 tablespoons of the toasted almonds. Add enough dressing to coat the salad. Season with salt and pepper, and top with the remaining 1 tablespoon of almonds.
Serves:6; Calories: 362; Total Fat: 18 grams; Saturated Fat: 2.5 grams; Protein: 6 grams; Total carbohydrates: 46 grams; Sugar: 15 grams; Fiber: 4 grams; Cholesterol: 0 milligrams; Sodium: 294 milligrams