- 1/3 cup sugar
- 9 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 2/3 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons rosemary leaves (*See Cook's Note)
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, in small pieces and at room temperature
- 3 cups mixed berries (2 pints, different kinds)
- 1 1/3 cups crumbled biscotti
*Cook's Note about rosemary: time of year matters. If you use rosemary in the winter, use half as much because it's stronger - it grows slower and the taste is concentrated.
For the lemon curd:
In the top of a double boiler, whisk the sugar and the egg yolks until sugar has dissolved and mixture is pale yellow, then whisk in lemon juice and zest. Set the bowl over simmering water and whisk constantly until mixture reaches 145 degrees F; it will visibly thicken but don't let it get too hot or the eggs will curdle. Remove the bowl from the heat and add the rosemary and butter a little at a time, whisking until each addition is incorporated and the curd becomes thick. Transfer to a bowl, cool and then refrigerate until well chilled.