Slow Cooked Pork
- 1 cup Roasted Garlic Rub, recipe follows
- 1 (6-pound) boneless pork shoulder or butt roast (not tied)
- Roasted Garlic Rub:
- 2 cups roasted minced garlic
- 5 tablespoons salt
- 1/4 cup coriander seeds, ground and toasted
- 2 tablespoons mustard powder
- 4 tablespoons dried chipotle pepper, ground
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 5 tablespoons dried rosemary, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. If necessary, trim fat from top of pork, leaving a 1/8-inch thick layer of fat. Spread Roasted Garlic Rub all over pork and inside any cavities, concentrating on boned side.Put pork, fat side up, in a roasting pan and roast in middle of oven 6 to 8 hours. Transfer roast to cutting board and let stand 15 minutes. Pull shreds apart with tongs into chunks. Serve.Roasted Garlic Rub:
Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Can also be mixed by hand in a bowl, but make sure to combine well.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.