Warm Potato-Tomato Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup finely minced red onion
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh tarragon leaves
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, skin on, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 cups diced tomato, skin on, including seeds and juice
DirectionsFor the vinaigrette:
For the vinaigrette:
In a bowl, whisk together the onion, mustard, 2 tablespoons of the red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in the olive oil and then add the tarragon.
Put the potatoes in a large pot of cold, well-salted water to cover. Bring to a boil, adjust the heat to maintain a gentle simmer, and cook until tender when pierced, about 15 minutes. Drain well and transfer to a large bowl or sheet pan to cool slightly. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar.
Add some of the vinaigrette to the potatoes and toss; you may not need it all. Add the tomato and toss again. Taste and adjust the seasoning. The salad may need more salt.
Recipe courtesy Michael Chiarello
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay