Whole Citrus Margaritas
- 4 navel oranges, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 lemons, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 limes, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 1/4 cup Cointreau
- 1/4 cup Triple Sec
- 1 1/2 cups good quality tequila (recommended: 100 percent agave)
- To serve:
- 10 cups ice
- Fine salt, for the rims of the glasses
- 10 lime wedges
Put the oranges, lemons, and limes through a juicer. Pour the juice into a large pitcher. Add the sugar and stir to dissolve. Then stir in the Cointreau, Triple Sec, and tequila.
To serve: Pour salt onto a small plate. Run a lime wedge around the top of each glass and dip the glass in the salt. Fill each glass halfway with ice and pour in the juice mixture. Garnish with a lime wedge and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Michael Chiarello