- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup diced red pepper
- 1/2 -pound diced smoked ham
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups cubed and toasted cornbread
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Melt butter and sweet vegetables until tender. Add ham and cook over low heat for 2 more minutes. Set aside to slightly cool. Whisk together eggs, stock, cream and herbs and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Combine all items, including cornbread, in a 4-quart lasagna pan and cook covered for 30 minutes. Uncover and cook for additional 20 minutes or until crusty.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.