Heaven and Earth
- 1 pound peeled and quartered potatoes
- 12 ounces chopped and peeled cooking apples
- 1 ounce butter, plus 1 ounce
- 2 cloves
- Pinch nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound sliced calves liver
- Olive oil, for cooking
- 1 thinly sliced onion
- 4 ounces flour
Boil potatoes until tender. Set aside and keep warm.
Meanwhile, season the liver with salt and pepper, and cook quickly in hot oil for 1 minute per side. Place liver on top of potatoes. Dust onions with flour and crisp in pan and place on top of the liver. Top with apple mixture.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.