Heaven and Earth
- 1 pound peeled and quartered potatoes
- 12 ounces chopped and peeled cooking apples
- 1 ounce butter, plus 1 ounce
- 2 cloves
- Pinch nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound sliced calves liver
- Olive oil, for cooking
- 1 thinly sliced onion
- 4 ounces flour
Boil potatoes until tender. Set aside and keep warm.
Meanwhile, season the liver with salt and pepper, and cook quickly in hot oil for 1 minute per side. Place liver on top of potatoes. Dust onions with flour and crisp in pan and place on top of the liver. Top with apple mixture.