Pork and Garlic Sausage Braised in Beer
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 8 ounces slab bacon, cut into large dice
- 1 pound pork shoulder, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces light German beer
- 12 ounces chicken stock, or more, to cover
- 1 pound garlic sausage, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 head cabbage, sliced thinly
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled seeded and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 pounds waxy potatoes, like Yukon Golds, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- Salt and pepper
- 1 loaf crusty bread
In a large casserole, heat the oil, brown the bacon and pork, remove from the pan, and set aside. Add the onions and saute over low heat for 10 minutes. Add the browned meat, beer, and enough chicken stock to cover. Bring to a boil and simmer for 45 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Add the sausage, cabbage, apples, potatoes, and caraway seeds and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook in the oven until meat is tender, about 45 minutes. Serve with crusty bread.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Mixed Sausages Braised in Sauerkraut, Hard Cider, Apples and Onions, Braised Pork in the Black---Brasato di Maiale Nero, Root Beer Pulled Pork in Shallot-Root Beer Jus with Tangy Onions and Jalapeno Creme Fraiche, Cabbage, Healthy Lunch Recipes, Apple Pie Recipes, Easy Brunch, Easy Pasta, Apple Cider Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.