- 6 shallots, minced to yield about 3/4 cup
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cracked coriander seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon red chile flakes
- 1 (6 pound) bone-in leg of lamb
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- Tzatziki Sauce, recipe follows
In a large bowl, mix together the shallots, garlic, rosemary, sugar, coriander, salt, and chile flakes. Rub the mixture on the surface of the lamb. Set the lamb in a large glass baking dish; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Rinse the lamb and pat it dry. Heat a roasting pan or large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Brown the lamb on both sides.
Set the lamb on a roasting rack in the pan and roast, fat side up, until it reaches an internal temperature of 140 degrees F, about 1 1/2 hours. Transfer to a platter. Set the pan over medium heat and add the stock, scraping the pan drippings to dissolve them in the broth. Simmer until reduced by half.
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
Stir together all the ingredients in a medium bowl until thoroughly combined.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.