Roasted Pork Rack with Zucchini Fritters
- Pork Rack:
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 center cut rack of pork (berkshire)
- 1 tablespoon cracked coriander seed
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Zucchini Fritters:
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped mint leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly chopped dill, plus more for garnish
- 1 large scallion, white and green parts sliced thinly on the bias
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 lemon, zested, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces feta cheese, roughly chopped
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Canola oil, for frying
- Greek yogurt, picked dill and additional lemon zest, for garnish
Whisk together honey, juice and olive oil and pour over pork in a re-sealable plastic bag . Add seasoning and zest and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place pork on roasting rack and roast for 10 to 15 minutes or until rack turns a deep golden brown. Reduce heat to 275 and roast for an additional 35 to 50 minutes or until pork reaches a internal temperature of 140 degrees F. Remove pork from oven and let rest for 15 minutes. Slice chops and serve with Zucchini Fritters.For the Zucchini Fritters:
Grate the zucchini on the large holes of a grater onto a clean kitchen towel. Sprinkle with the salt. Let stand while you prepare the other ingredients. Wring as much liquid out of the zucchini as possible, discarding liquid.
Heat enough canola oil to 350 degrees F in a pan over medium-high heat to come halfway up the sides of the fritters. Form fritters, using 1/4 cup measure, and place gently into the hot oil. Fry, turning once, until the fritters are golden brown on each side, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels for a minute. Plate and garnish with a dollop of Greek yogurt, dill and lemon zest.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Chili Marinated Double-Cut Pork Chops, Smoked Oyster Dressing Stuffed Pork Chops with Andouille Hollandaise and Smothered Greens, Pork Tenderloin with Prunes and Pearl Onions, Christmas Recipes, Easy Dinner, Dinner Recipes, Holiday Recipes, Frying, Christmas Appetizer Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.