- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound baby carrots and golden beets (as many varieties as you can find), sliced paper thin
- 1 red onion, shaved thin and soaked in ice water for 10 minutes
- 1 small (4 ounce) cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup crumbled barrel-aged feta
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, torn
- Freshly ground black pepper
Put the garlic and a pinch of salt in a large mixing bowl. Add the vinegar and slowly whisk in the oil. Add the carrots and beets, onion, cucumber, feta, dill, and mint. Gently toss. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer to a large platter and serve immediately.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.