Salmon Baked in Puff Pastry with Truffles
- 1 pound defrosted puff pastry
- 2 1/2 pound salmon fillet cut from the center of the a side of salmon, boned and skinned
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 ounce sliced black truffles
- 3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 bunches watercress, for garnish
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Cut puff pastry into 2 equal size pieces slightly larger than your salmon. Place 1 piece of pastry on oiled or parchment paper lined cookie sheet and set side of salmon on top. Sprinkle with parsley. Lay sliced black truffles over salmon like scales trying to cover entire fish. Sprinkle the chopped hard boiled eggs over truffles and season with salt and pepper.
Place other piece of pastry on top and seal edges and crimp with your fingers. Brush with egg wash and bake until pastry is golden brown, about 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes and then slice into 6 equal size pieces, garnish platter/plate with watercress and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Michael Symon