Shaved Fennel Salad with Oranges, Lemon, Dill and Cress
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 shallot thinly sliced, soaked cold water for 10 minutes, and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 2 small or 1 large bulb fennel, core removed and shaved
- 1 tablespoon chopped fennel fronds
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped dill
- 3 oranges segmented
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted and coarsely ground coriander seed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ounce watercress
In a medium bowl, whisk together the garlic, shallot, salt, lemon zest and juice, and the orange zest and juice. Fold in the shaved fennel, fennel fronds and dill. Toss to coat. Add the orange segments, a few grindings of black pepper, coriander, olive oil and watercress. Toss gently and plate ingredients, spoon additional dressing over each portion.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.