- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Juice of 1 lime plus 1 lime wedge
- 2 cups ice
- 3 ounces tomato juice (1/3 cup)
- 4 dashes Louisiana-style hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- One 12-ounce chilled Mexican-style beer, such as Dos Equis Amber
Combine the salt and chili powder on a small plate. Rub the lime wedge along the rim of a large lager beer glass, and then dip the rim into the chili salt. Fill the glass with the ice. Pour in the lime juice, tomato juice, hot sauce, Worcestershire and beer. Stir briefly to incorporate. Garnish with the lime wedge.
Cook's Note: For a large batch, make the tomato mixture ahead of the time before your guests arrive. Mix together the tomato juice, Worcestershire, hot sauce and lime, and refrigerate until cold. Add a few slices of jalapeno pepper for extra spice. Right before serving, rim the glasses with chili salt and fill with ice. Pour in 2 ounces (1/4 cup) of the tomato mixture and top it off with beer.