- 8 ounces angel hair pasta or capellini
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup rice or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons Nuoc nam (bottled Vietnamese fish sauce), optional
- 3/4 to 1 pound boneless smoked chicken or turkey breast
- 1/2 small head Napa or Chinese cabbage, cored
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 1/2 cup (packed) washed basil leaves
Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until it is tender but still firm to the bite, about 3 to 4 minutes. Drain the pasta and rinse it under cold water to cool it completely. Drain the pasta again, pat it dry and add it to the mixing bowl.
Finely shred the cabbage and grate or finely chop the carrots. Roll the basil leaves up into tight cylinders and cut across them to create fine shreds and add them to the mixing bowl. Toss the salad with the dressing and adjust the seasoning if necessary.