- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, regular or low fat
- 2 tablespoons each of Oriental sesame oil and vegetable oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 quarter size piece of ginger, minced
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- Salt and 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 to 1 1/4 pounds smoked chicken breast or roasted chicken
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored
- 2 cups red seedless grapes
- 1 mediumsize head Boston lettuce, washed and dried and torn into pieces
- 1 small bunch fresh chives, snipped for garnish
- 1 cup walnuts, preferably toasted and chopped
In a mixing bowl combine the mayonnaise, oils, garlic, ginger, and vinegar, and season with salt to taste and crushed red pepper.
Remove skin and fat from chicken breast and cut it into bite sized pieces and add to the dressing.
Dice the apples into 3/8inch cubes; wash and dry the grapes and toss the ingredients together; adjust the seasoning. Serve over Boston lettuce garnished with chives and walnuts.