- 2 salmon fillets, each about 8 ounces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small carrot and 1 small stalk celery, each peeled and grated
- 4 large mushroom caps. thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, cut into 3 inch julienne
- 1/4 cup heavy cream, fish stock or lemon juice
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Butter 2 pieces of foil or parchment paper and set aside. Season salmon with salt and pepper. Saute the vegetables in the butter for 2 to 3 minutes just until they begin to get tender. Add the cream and cook until most of it has been absorbed by the vegetables; season with salt and pepper. Place each salmon fillet on the piece of buttered parchment or foil and top with cooked vegetables. Seal the salmon and place the pouch on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the pouches from the oven transfer the salmon, vegetables and their juices to a heated plate. Serve as is just with French bread or with a side dish of cucumber curls and mint.