- 8 ounces dried Buckwheat noodles (soba)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 to 4 ounces red caviar (salmon roe)
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
In a pot of boiling water cook soba for about 8 to 10 minutes or according to package directions. until done. While soba is cooking heat butter in a small skillet until it is golden brown; you want the flavor of the butter. Drain soba and return to saucepan and toss with golden butter and 4 tablespoons of sour cream, chives and half of caviar. Portion out and top with more sour cream and caviar if you wish.