- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 pound celery knob
- 1 medium boiling potato, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup or more heavy cream or 2 tablespoons butter or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a 4 quart saucepan. When hot, add onion, cover and simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes or until tender.
While this is cooking, peel the celery knob with a stainless steel knife, chop it roughly, then grate it in a food processor.
Add celery knob to saucepan along with potato, 1/2 cup of water, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer over low heat for 20 to 25 minutes or until celery knob is tender.