- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 6 to 8 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 pound cottage cheese
- 1 pint sour cream
- 8 ounce package softened cream cheese
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 can cherry pie filling, optional or fresh sliced fresh strawberries or blueberries to serve with cake
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Butter a 12 inch springform pan. Mix the pulverized graham crackers, sugar and melted butter and pat this dough into the bottom of the springform pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until set, remove and cool before filling.
Raise the temperature to 350 degrees. With an electric mixer beat the cottage cheese, sour cream, cream cheese, eggs, sugar, flour and vanilla. Beat for 10 minutes; batter will be very thin. Pour over crust and bake for 40 minutes. Turn off oven but leave cake in for an additional 30 minutes. Do not open oven door.
Remove cake from oven then cool cake for 2 hours. When cool, run a thin metal spatula around edge of cake. Loosen and remove sides of springform pan. Note that, when cooling, cheesecake will develop a large crack across the top.
Slide cake onto plate. If you wish, top with pie filling or serve a wedge of cake with fresh berries.