- 2 tablespoons olive oil Tomato sauce to cover pizza
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion 1/2 cup diced or grated
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper Mozzarella
- 2 cups plainly cooked strand pasta Anchovies, sliced black olives
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten or pepperoni for topping
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a non-stick skillet, heat olive oil. Add onions and peppers, cover and cook for 5 minutes or until tender. While this is cooking, chop up strand pasta if it is sticking. Add the pasta and cook, uncovered, very slowly until a crust just begins to form. Stir in eggs and, with a fork, work them into the pasta. Cover and cook over very low heat until eggs have set, about 3 minutes. With a spatula, work the bottom to loosen it so that you will have an easier time later sliding it on a plate. Uncover, spoon over tomato sauce and scatter mozzarella and whatever toppings you like. Cover again just to melt the cheese. Slide onto plate and serve.