- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup couscous steeped in 1 1/4 cups boiling water for 15 minutes
- 1/3 cup currants or raisins soaked in 2 tablespoons rum
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, pecans or sliced almonds
- Sour cream or plain yogurt for garnish
Heat butter in skillet; break clumps of couscous with your fingers. Add couscous to skillet with raisins, rum, and sugar saute for a couple of minutes to heat through; season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and stir in nuts. Top kebabs and couscous with yogurt.