- 2 cloves peeled garlic, boiled for 5 minutes
- 1 pound yellow tomatoes
- 1 pound yellow bell peppers, peeled with a vegetable peeler and seeded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- Ice water
- 1 yellow squash
- 4 slices crustless white sandwich bread
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 small oil cured olives, pitted and cut into slivers
- 1 ripe red tomato, seeded and cut into dice
Seed the squash and cut into 1/4-inch dice. Cut the bread into 1/2-inch dice, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and bake in a 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes or until somewhat crisp and brown.
Ladle soup into chilled soup bowls; garnish with squash and croutons and center some red tomatoes and black olives in middle of each portion if you like.