- 2 teaspoons minced gingerroot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 4 swordfish steaks, (about 6 ounces each and 1-inch thick)
For the pesto:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- Salt and freshly grated black pepper
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves
In a bowl combine the gingerroot, garlic, lime juice, oil, thyme, salt and pepper. Arrange the swordfish steaks in a shallow glass baking dish and spoon the marinade over them. Let the fish marinate, covered and chilled, turning once, for an hour. Meanwhile, make the pesto. In a food processor combine all the ingredients and transfer to a bowl.
Place swordfish steaks on your grill. Cook the steaks 4 inches above the coals for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until firm to the touch. Alternatively, broil them under a preheated broiler 4 inches from the heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Serve with pesto.